The specific project objectives are to :
a. Create sustainable community institutions around women Self-Help Groups (SHGs), Youth Groups of men and women (YG) and Community Development Groups (CDG).
b. Build capacity of community institutions for self governance, bottom up planning, democratic functioning with transparency and accountability.
c. Increase economic and livelihood opportunities by
• Managing natural resources and improving agriculture for food security and income enhancement from farming and allied activities
• Skill development of youth for employability and establishment of self and/or group managed enterprises
• Establishing backward and forward linkages for economic enterprises
• Creating access to finance through linkages with banks and other financial institutions
• Creating critical infrastructures
d. Develop partnership of community institutions for natural resource management, microfinance, market linkages, and sectoral economic services.The project is for a period of five years. It covers two districts each in Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and 5 districts in Tripura. The districts are:
• Mizoram - Aizawl and Lunglei
• Nagaland - Peren and Tuensang
• Sikkim - South Sikkim and West Sikkim
• Tripura - West Tripura,Sepahijala,Khowai, Unakoti and North Tripura
The project will cover nearly 300,000 households in 1645 villages of 62 blocks falling in 11 districts of the 4 states.
News and Events
Cancellation of Quotation
RFQ for lntegrated Fruit processing unit (Peren, west Sikkim, South Sikkim, Aizawl, and North Tripura)
RFQ for supply, Installations and commissioning of Vacuum Tray Dryer for various locations in Sikkim and Mizoram
Bid Documents for Procurement of Bamboo rounstick machines & Bamboo Furniture Unit
Corrigendum No. 1
Vacancy at RPMU, Guwahati
RFQ- installation & commision of fruit processing unit machine for lemon
RFQ- installation & commision of fruit processing unit machine for tree tomato